The University of Jammu strives to be an institution of excellence in higher education that
- Constantly responds to changing social realities through the creation and application of knowledge.
- Contributes towards a pupil centered and just society that nurtures innovation, protects dignity and ensures equality.
- Aims at holistic development of students to face the challenges of globalized world.
- To become a nodal centre for ushering in an era of Total Quality Management by working out intervention strategies to remove deficiencies and enhance quality of the university and its affiliated colleges.
- To assure stakeholders connected with higher education namely, students, parents, teachers, staff, would-be employers, funding agencies and society in general-of the accountability of the institutions for their own quality and probity.
- To evolve mechanisms and procedures in the university for ensuring:
a) Economic and socio-political relevance of academic programmes, research programmes and consultancy projects undertaken in the university and other institutions of higher education in the region.
b) Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of the society.
- To develop and enrich the intellectual capital of the university affiliated colleges and other organisations of the region.